There is one new locally acquired case of COVID-19 reported today. Today’s case is a male in his 80s, whose infection is linked to previously confirmed cases in the Modbury Cluster.
In addition, there is one case today, a male in his 50s, who has been in a medi-hotel since his arrival from overseas. This case is considered a historical infection however it has been added to our case numbers as it has not been counted overseas.
A man in his 80s and a woman in her 80s remain in the Royal Adelaide Hospital in a stable condition.
All exposure locations and associated health advice relating to the Modbury Cluster can be found at Contact tracing.
Modbury cluster cases
- Total new cases today – 1
- Total cases – 19
Total case breakdown
- Total new cases today – 2
- Total number currently in hospital – 2
- Total cases to date – 857
- Recovered cases – 827
- Deaths – 4
- Tests carried out yesterday – 17,260
- Total tests to date – 1,839,601
- Active cases – 26
- Overseas acquired – 7
- Close contact – 18
- Locally acquired (contact unknown) – 0
- Interstate acquired – 1
- Under investigation – 0
- Total vaccinations administered to date – 805,033*
* Figure includes both Commonwealth and SA Health administered vaccines.