Several roads across Sydney have reopened overnight including Pittwater Road at North Manly and Narrabeen, Henry Lawson Drive between the Hume Highway and Milperra Road. (Updated 9 March 2022)
For the latest traffic information, download the Live Traffic NSW app, visit www.livetraffic.com or call 132 701.
A number of other roads remain closed including:
- Between Narrabeen and Oxford Falls: Wakehurst Parkway is closed.
- Oxford Falls: Oxford falls Road is closed between the Wakehurst Parkway and Aroona Road.
- Galston to Hornsby Heights: Galston Road is closed in both directions
- Milperra to Chipping Norton: Newbridge Road is closed between Henry Lawson Drive and Governor Macquarie Drive
- Windsor Bridge, North Richmond Bridge and Yarramundi Bridge are closed.
- Windsor: Hawkesbury Valley Way is closed between Moses Street and Percival Street.
- North Richmond: Terrace Road is closed between Bells Line of Road and Brahma Road.
- Between McGraths Hill and Cattai: Pitt Town Road, Cattai Road and Wisemans Ferry Road are closed.
- McGraths Hill: Windsor Road is closed between Pitt Town Road and Macquarie Street.
- Maraylya: Cattai Ridge Rd is closed between Street Johns Road and Halcrows Road.
- Schofields: Grange Avenue is closed at Eastern Creek.
- Riverstone: Garfield Road West is closed between Richmond Road and Railway Terrace
- Shanes Park: Stony Creek Rd/St Marys Road is closed at South Creek.
- Cranebrook: The Northern Road between Vincent Road and Seventh Avenue
- Colo: Putty Road is closed in both directions at the Colo River, and East Kurrajong Road is closed.
- Elderslie: Argyle Street is closed between Camden Valley Way and Edward Street
- Douglas Park: Douglas Park Causeway is closed.
- Menangle: Menangle Bridge is closed.
- Royal National Park: Audley Weir is closed.
Updated 8 March 2021
Heavy vehicle access northbound under escort has been reinstated, but may close from time-to-time as location is monitored. Southbound access is unaffected.
There is currently no heavy vehicle access to Singleton due to flooding. The Golden Highway between Whittingham and Jerry Plains is closed. Denman Road between Bengalla Road and Golden Highway is closed. The New England Highway at Glennies Creek, just north of Singleton, is expected to close tonight due to rising floodwaters.
Princes Highway Kiama
Princes Highway at Kiama bends is down to one lane.
Access to Kangaroo Valley
Moss Vale Road between Main Road and Myra Vale Road is closed to all traffic. Residents and essential freight only can have access via Kangaroo Valley Road.
Some of the major impacts for freight in Sydney include
- Access to Richmond / Windsor – Great Western Highway and Bells Line of Road remain the access points.
- New Bridge Rd and Henry Lawson Drive closed
- Roseville Bridge closed.
Great Western Highway – Mt Victoria
A single lane closure remains in place on the Great Western Highway at Fairy Bower Road near Mount Victoria (east of Darling Causeway) due to slope instability. The single lane closure is in place eastbound with the westbound lane open under stop/slow. Traffic control are on site at Hartley to ensure safe passage of vehicles travelling up Victoria Pass, should vehicles begin to queue at Mount Victoria. Heavy traffic and significant delays are being experienced.
Many other roads are affected by flooding. Never drive through floodwaters.