Western Australian tourism businesses have taken home twelve medals for the State at the 2022 Qantas Australian Tourism Awards held in Sydney tonight.
The medals were awarded to:
- Gold – Live Ningaloo – Ecotourism
- Gold – The Hike Collective – Adventure Tourism
- Gold – Pullman Bunker Bay Resort – Business Event Venues
- Gold – SeaLink WA – Major Tour & Transport Operators
- Gold – Willie Creek Pearls – Tourism Retail & Hire Service
- Silver – Broadwater Resort Busselton – 3-3.5 Star Accommodation
- Silver – COMO The Treasury – 5 Star Luxury Accommodation
- Silver – Core Cider House – Excellence in Food Tourism
- Silver – The Hike Collective – Tour & Transport Operators
- Silver – Tree Chalets – Self Contained Accommodation
- Bronze – Optus Stadium: AFL Grand Final 2021 – Major Festivals & Events
- Bronze – Willie Creek Pearl Farm – Tourist Attractions
Tourism Council WA and Deputy Premier and Tourism Minister, Hon Roger Cook MLA, led a delegation from Western Australia to tonight’s Australian Tourism Awards ceremony.
“WA’s tourism industry is fortunate to have so many great operators and businesses. I congratulate all our winners and finalists for striving every day to provide an unforgettable experience for both local and visiting tourists,” said Minister Cook.
“The Walking on A Dream campaign has succeeded in capturing the imagination of people around Australia and the world. It perfectly captured the connection between our aboriginal culture and the tourism experiences that make WA so unique.
“Western Australia has been on numerous global must-visit travel lists this this year. What visitors are finding when they get here is a high-quality tourism industry which reflects WA proudly to the world.”
Tourism Council WA CEO Evan Hall congratulated all the WA medallists and finalists for demonstrating business excellence and continuing to deliver outstanding tourism experiences.
“The list of WA medallists from the Qantas Australian Tourism Awards highlights the world-class tourism experiences Western Australia has to offer,” Mr Hall said.
“Now is a perfect time to book a trip in WA and add these National Award winners to the list of must-do experiences.”
Businesses which won Gold in their category at the 2022 Perth Airport WA Tourism Awards last November became finalists in the Australian Tourism Awards.
For more Award-winning and high-quality tourism businesses, visit www.holidayinwa.com.au. The website lists accommodation, tours and experiences, includes businesses’ ratings from travellers.