Highlights from day five of National Science Week – hump day brings comedy, dance and memories of the flu.
423 events and exhibitions, 18 online activities, and dozens of great stories and talent.
- In class online with Karl Kruszelnicki.
- Indigenous science sessions at Redfern begin.
- Pandemic in Parramatta:when the Spanish flu hit town.
- Reclaiming the contribution of women to the creation of the Internet.
- Periodic Table fun with Adam Spencer, Karl Kruszelnicki and Alice Motion.
- Rapid-fire science education: 20 slides shown for 20 seconds each in a PechaKucha Night.
- Meet the local dolphins.
- High-voltage art made by electrifying matter.
- The science and comedy of your poor decisions, with Alanta Colley & Ben McKenzie.
- TheIndigenous stories, memories, and roadmaps of the night skies.
Read on for more on these, including event