Hawkesbury City Council proudly held Town Meetings at McGraths Hill Community Centre and Wilberforce School of Arts last week, with Hawkesbury community members attending as well as the Mayor of Hawkesbury, Councillor Barry Calvert, Councillors and Council staff. Town Meetings have also been held at Colo Heights, Windsor and North Richmond.
The Town Meetings included presentations about Council projects as well as community sponsorship and event sponsorship. Council staff also explained how community members can:
- go online to log customer requests using Council’s online forms
- use Council’s online engagement tool ‘Your Hawkesbury Your Say’ to comment on current projects
- visit Council’s website and click on ‘We Are Building Hawkesbury’s Future’ to see Council’s current projects as well as completed projects.
A video presentation showcased the works that Council has been doing across the Hawkesbury. A Customer Services officer also attended, logging customer requests on the spot.
The Town Meetings are being held across the Hawkesbury as a part of Council’s community consultation program called ‘Hawkesbury City Council comes to Your Town’ which has been running in July and August.
Residents are welcome to register to attend any meeting, with upcoming meetings still to be held at Bilpin District Hall, Maraylya Community Hall and St Albans School of Arts.
To register via Eventbrite visit here and
- Search ‘Hawkesbury City Council is coming to your town’
- Choose date and location
- Select number of tickets
- Register your details.
Hawkesbury residents can also submit questions for the Town Meetings online at Council’s community engagement site by visiting www.yourhawkesbury-yoursay.com.au
Upcoming Town Meetings
- Bilpin – Wednesday, 14 August @ 7pm – Bilpin District Hall
2596 Bells Line of Road, Bilpin
- Maraylya, Oakville and Pitt Town – Thursday, 15 August @ 7pm – Maraylya Community Hall
Boundary Road, Maraylya