Melbourne Embona Task Force detectives have arrested and charged two youths following an aggravated carjacking and stabbing in Fitzroy in March.
A 15-year-old boy from Heidelberg West and a 16-year-old boy from Preston have been charged with –
• aggravated carjacking
• intentionally causing serious injury in circumstances of gross violence
• recklessly cause serious injury in circumstances of gross violence
• intentionally cause serious injury
• recklessly cause serious injury
• intentionally cause injury
• recklessly cause injury
• assault with a weapon
• assault in company
The charges follow an incident over the Moomba long weekend where it is alleged a ride-share driver was stabbed multiple times before his vehicle was stolen by the pair who were his passengers on 12 April about 3.40am.
The victim, a 28-year-old Williams Landing man, sought help from a service station on Johnston Street before he was hospitalised with serious injuries.
Both teens were remanded in custody to appear at a childrens’ court at a later date.