The Liverpool City Region was provisionally allocated over £37 million from the Levelling Up Fund to improve transport infrastructure. Plans for the funding will see the creation of new walking and cycling routes and junction improvements across the city region to address issues of deprivation in the area.
The package of projects aims to:
- improve connectivity and access to key services for residents
- improve sustainable access to employment
- support clean and inclusive growth
- reduce congestion
Plans for Sefton, Wirral and Liverpool
Plans for the allocation focus on three areas:
- The Maritime Corridor in Sefton
- Birkenhead Central Gateway
- St George’s Gateway
/Public Release. This material from the originating organization/author(s) might be of the point-in-time nature, and edited for clarity, style and length. Mirage.News does not take institutional positions or sides, and all views, positions, and conclusions expressed herein are solely those of the author(s).View in full here.