Mirrabooka Detectives with the help of information provided by members of the community, have to date charged six people with 91 offences as part of their ongoing investigation into a series of incidents that occurred on Christmas Eve 2018, in the Scarborough sub-district.
It will be alleged the six people were part of a group who during the early hours of 24 December 2018, walked through the streets of Gwelup, Innaloo and Carine and broke into over 40 vehicles. The group smashed windows of the majority of vehicles to steal various personal items including cash from the cars.
It is further alleged the group stole bicycles and scooters from various homes across the above suburbs, using them for transportation throughout the night.
The six males have been charged with stealing, attempted stealing and criminal damage offences and broken down as:-
• A 22-year-old man from Armadale has been charged with 16 offences;
• A 19-year-old man from Doubleview has been charged with 26 offences;
• An 18-year-old man from Innaloo has been charged with one offence;
• A 16-year-old boy from Doubleview has been charged with 16 offences;
• A 15-year-old boy from Belmont has been charged with 16 offences; and
• A 14-year-old boy from Armadale has been charged with 16 offences.
The investigation is ongoing and anyone with any information regarding this incident is asked to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or report online at www.crimestopperswa.com.au. Callers may remain anonymous if they wish.
Thieves go after easy targets, information to “Make it Tougher for Crooks” can be found on the WA Police Force web page at www.police.wa.gov.au/About-Us/News/Making-it-tougher-for-crooks.