Yesterday, Tuesday 21 March 2023, Arson Squad detectives charged a second person as a result of their investigation into a house fire in Barragup (near Mandurah).
It will be alleged the 27-year-old woman, in company with the person previously charged, set fire to a house in Fiegert Road, Barragup on Friday 20 January 2023. The damage to the home is estimated at $700,000. It will be further alleged, prior to setting fire to the house, the woman had attended the home on previous occasions, breaking in and stealing property, including a number of firearms.
The firearms were retrieved from the Canning River based on information provided to officers from members of the public. All stolen firearms have been recovered.
Arson Squad detectives charged a 27-year-old woman from Byford with:
• One count of Criminal Damage by Fire (this offence carries a maximum penalty of life imprisonment);
• One count of Aggravated Burglary;
• One count of Stealing;
• One count of Steal Motor Vehicle;
• One count of No Authority to Drive;
• One count of Supply a Prohibited Drug; and
• Two counts of Offer to Supply a Prohibited Drug.
She was refused bail and is due to appear before the Perth Magistrates Court today, 22 March 2023.
The information received from members of the public is important in any investigation and The WA Police Force wish to thank the community for their assistance.