FREE City of Port Adelaide art workshops in June 2021
The City of Port Adelaide Enfield Placemaking and Activation team have teamed up with OSCA (Open Space Contemporary Arts)to deliver two FREE ‘Art with Impact – Transforming Everyday Sites’ art workshops in June 2021.
Open to emerging, mid-career or established artists the professional and skills development workshops will provide a rare ‘in person’ networking opportunity where artists will discuss, share and learn the ‘Low Down’ about site-based art practices.
It is intended that all participants will gain a wide range of practical skills and new understandings in developing site-based art and placemaking projects; and to connect with peers and like-minded colleagues to further support the development of their individual and collective practises.
The workshops will be led by the highly experienced artist facilitators – OSCA Artistic Director Paul Gazzola and local artist Laura Wills. They will share their skills, knowledge and information including (but not limited to) how to:
- Investigate and develop an understanding about a site/s
- Collect stories and honour local knowledge
- Practice ethically when working with local community
- Produce content and remain true to local information
- Develop a checklist of what they need to know
- Understand best practice industry standards and current COVID protocols
- Build their professional skills to sustain career in the arts
- Manage projects (including but not limited to artistic and financial skills); and
- Gain knowledge of intellectual protocol and permissions.
Thursday 17 June 2021
Post Office Projects
175 St Vincent St
Port Adelaide SA 5015
REGISTER HERE: https://art-with-impact-pop.eventbrite.com.au
Wednesday 23 and Thursday 24 June 2021
The Lights Community & Sports Centre
East Parkway SA 5085
REGISTER HERE: https://art-with-impact-the-lights.eventbrite.com.au
Artists are encouraged register early for the workshops as places are limited.
The ‘Art with Impact – Transforming Everyday Sites’ series of FREE professional and skills development workshops is a collaboration of the City of Port Adelaide Enfield and OSCA.