- Design complete $15.275 million safety improvements project
- Construction expected to start mid 2023
Road users will benefit from a safer and smoother trip along Caboolture-Beachmere Road, known locally as Beachmere Road, once the $15.275 million safety improvements project gets underway later this year
The safety measures will reduce the risk of serious crashes at the intersection.
The project, delivered by RoadTek, will include:
- widening sections to nine metres from Jocelyn Street to west of King Johns Creek
- wider shoulders and centre line safety upgrades to separate oncoming vehicles
- dedicated right-turn lane for eastbound motorists at the Riversleigh Road intersection
- dedicated right-turn lane for eastbound motorists accessing Monty’s Marina
- resurfacing between Jocelyn Street and Egan Avenue
Planning continues for further active transport infrastructure surrounding Beachmere Road.
Quotes attributable to Member for Pumicestone Ali King:
“I promised my community at the election that we would make Beachmere Road safer and we are”
“This $15.275 million dollar upgrade is driven by our vision for zero fatalities and serious injuries on our roads by 2050.
“The improvements will significantly reduce the risk of head-on crashes by installing wide centre lines which mean oncoming vehicles have greater separation.
“The right-turn lanes at Riversleigh Road and the Marina will provide safer turning options and help with traffic flow.
“This project is another example of our commitment to keeping Queenslanders safe on our roads.”