Camden Libraries have teamed up with Legal Aid NSW and State Library NSW to bring you a FREE Legal Talk this Law Week.
Residents are invited to learn about ‘navigating the system’, with the following two sessions to be held on Tuesday 17 May:
- Oran Park Library, at 11am-noon; and
- Narellan Library, at 2.30-3.30pm.
Attendees will hear from a Legal Aid NSW lawyer, learn how government agencies and health services, such as Centrelink, can impact them, gain insight on disputing decisions and be directed to further help.
Mayor of Camden, Cr Theresa Fedeli, said the session would provide invaluable information.
“To have the opportunity to listen to legal professionals give advice and pass on learnings for no cost at all is really fantastic,” Cr Fedeli said.
“So often the barrier to speaking to legal professionals and getting advice is the cost, which can sometimes be really high.
“I would encourage those interested to register and attend one of these two sessions. I have no doubt you’ll learn something that comes in handy sooner or later and you’ll be better positioned to know your way around legalities in your everyday lives.”
There’s lots more happening at Camden Libraries, including:
- Wellbeing Wednesday, focusing on chair yoga, at Oran Park Library, held on the last Wednesday of the month, 2-3pm;
- Knitting Groups at Narellan Library every Thursday and Camden Library every Friday, 10am-noon;
- Sewing Group at Narellan Library every Monday, 10am-noon;
- Chess Group at Camden Library every Wednesday, 10am-noon;
- Storytime at Narellan Library and Oran Park Library every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 10am and 11am; and,
- Guided tours of the libraries’ website and eResources over the telephone or via an online session.
Bookings for the Legal Talk sessions are essential and are now open.
For more information, got to www.library.camden.nsw.gov.au/events/