One of the biggest nights in the Bayside calendar is just around the corner. Next Tuesday 10 December 2019 there will be festivities a plenty with Christmas Carols in the Park at Dendy Park.
Council has been working hard to ensure that a merry night is had by all, regardless of age or abilities.
This year’s Carols will again be fully captioned to ensure that it’s easy for everyone to follow along.
A small number of accessible parking spaces will be available on a first-come, first served basis. Access is from Breen Drive and drivers will need to show parking attendants a disabled parking permit.
If accessible parking is full, drivers will still be able to enter Breen Drive to drop off guests right at the entrance near the athletics pavilion. Accessible toilets will also be available on the night.
We’ve put together a list and checked it twice, with some last minute tips to make sure you have the most wonderful time of the year at Carols:
- Check out the menu – Choose from a variety of delicious food stalls available.
- Alternatively, bring light, easily transportable food and drink and choose eco-friendly utensils and minimise rubbish where possible.
- Pack your favourite picnic rug and/or low chairs.
- Sorry to say all four legged friends are asked to stay safe and secure at home. Fireworks might spook fur babies.
- Consider leaving your car at home and opt for a Christmas carol filled carpool if you can.
- Look out for changed parking conditions (parking is available at Brighton Golf Club).
- Make a meeting spot with your family in case someone gets separated.
- Children’s wrist bands for parents to write their mobile phone numbers on will be available at the information tent at Dendy Park.
- There will be some helpful elves at the end of the night who will be tidying up but remember to remove your rubbish.
- Staying late? Bring a flashlight for your pack up and walk home or to the car.
- Don’t forget to bring something warm for when things cool down later in the evening.
The event commences with pre-show fun at 5pm with the concert starting at 7:30pm. Fireworks start at 9.30pm.
See you at Carols for a merry little Christmas celebration.
For all event details go to Carols in the Park.