Yarra Crime Investigation Unit detectives arrested six people yesterday and seized a significant amount of cash and drugs as part of an ongoing investigation into drug trafficking in Richmond.
As part of the initial operation two women were arrested in Lorimer Street Docklands on Wednesday 10 June about 5.45pm.
Subsequent search warrants were then executed, and a further four people arrested, at five properties in Richmond, Brunswick, CBD and Sunshine West (x2).
The two-month investigation culminated in the seizure yesterday of over $130,000 in cash, quantities of suspected cocaine, cannabis, MDMA and an alleged 700g of heroin with a street value of approximately $250,000.
Detectives from Yarra CIU were supported by Melbourne West Divisional Response Unit and the north west metro Regional Crime Squad as part of the operation.
The six people arrested have all been charged and include:
• Two women aged 32 and 34-years from Richmond
The pair have each been charged with traffick a commercial quantity of heroin, deal with proceeds of crime and have been held over to appear at the Melbourne Magistrates’ Court today, Thursday 11 June.
• A 47-year-old Sunshine West woman charged with possess cocaine, MDMA and possess proceeds of crime.
• A 37-year-old Brunswick West man charged with traffick heroin and two counts of possess prohibited weapon.
• A 31-year-old Melbourne man charged with possess heroin.
• A 35-year-old man from St Albans charged with possess methylamphetamine.
The woman and three men have all be bailed to appear at the Melbourne Magistrates’ Court on 8 October 2020.
Sergeant Julie-Anne Newman