Changes to public transport and access in the city centre will be in place while scenes from a movie are being filmed.
Filming will take place from Thursday 14 to Friday 22 January 2021 and will require road and footpath closures as well as some bus stop closures.
The movie’s producers have been working with residents and businesses in recent weeks to minimise the impact of filming and subsequent closures.
The eastern car park at Canberra Olympic Pool is currently closed until 6.30 pm on Friday 22 January 2021 for the production site compound.
To facilitate the filming and ensure the safety of all involved, full road and footpath closures are required at the following locations from Thursday 14 to Sunday 17 January 2021:
- London Circuit from Constitution Avenue to Ainslie Avenue
- Akuna Street from London Circuit to Cooyong Street
- Bunda Street from Petrie Street to Binara Street
- Binara Street from Akuna Street to Allara Street
- Allara Street from Binara Street to Constitution Avenue
- Nangari Street from Allara Street to London Circuit
- Rabaul Lane from Nangari Street to Akuna Street.
In the event of wet weather during this period, the closures are also expected to be in place on Monday 18 and Tuesday 19 January 2021.
These closures will limit access to these streets for road users, pedestrians and cyclists during filming. On‑street parking on these streets will also not be permitted during filming.
Access will be managed for local residents and to local businesses.
While every business, residence and shopfront will still be accessible it might not be via the most direct route. Please allow extra travel time if you are passing through the filming areas.
Nightly road closures will also be in place on the following roads from Monday 18 to Friday 22 January 2021, between 8 pm and 6 am:
- rolling lane closures on Parkes Way between Coranderrk Street and Clunies Ross Street.
There will be nightly disruptions on the following roads from Tuesday 19 to Friday 22 January 2021, between 8 pm and 6 am:
- Edinburgh Avenue from Phillip Law Street to Lawson Crescent and at the Parkes Way exit ramp (westbound) will be closed periodically as required
- full closure of London Circuit (both directions) between Northbourne Avenue and Akuna Street. Access will be maintained until 11pm before the full closure comes into effect.
Tambreet Street will also be closed in both directions from the Majura Parkway overpass to the Majura Parkway northbound entry and exit ramps from 8.30 am Wednesday 20 to 6 am Friday 22 January 2021. This includes the Majura Road northbound exit ramp to Tambreet Street and the Tambreet Street northbound entry ramp to the Majura Parkway.
Possible additional closures will also be put in place, with roadside signage to be erected ahead of all road closures. To keep up-to-date, please visit www.cityservices.act.gov.au.
Changes to public transport
Due to these closures, bus stops 3003, 3004 and 3356 on London Circuit (at Commonwealth Bank, Legislative Assembly and 221 London Circuit) will be closed during this period. The closest alternative stops are in the city interchange. Route diversions will also be in place. Customers are asked to please pay attention to signage in the area.