Are you looking to develop your skills and work on projects that help shape and connect communities?
The City of Swan is seeking expressions of interest from enthusiastic civil engineering students who need to complete a 12 week unpaid practicum from December 2022 to March 2023.
The City has taken on students for many years and they are always left amazed when discovering what local governments actually do and the potential engineering career opportunities that are available.
If successful, you will have the opportunity to gain experience within one of the four operations business units:
- Project Management – assist the team to deliver a $180 million Capital Works Program which includes a variety of projects, including civil infrastructure, buildings, parks and reserves.
- Asset Management – understand and support the team in the management of the City’s $3 billion worth of assets.
- Construction and Maintenance – work with the team to construct challenging roads and drainage projects, as well as maintain the diverse range of assets across the City’s vast area of 1042km2.
- Fleet and Waste – help the City provide the required fleet to achieve what we do, and proactively managing our waste services while keeping the environment at the forefront.
You’ll also meet and work alongside the City’s 16 graduate engineers and learn about the Graduate Engineering Program. This program is highly sought after and exposes young engineers to invaluable experience, industry networks and leadership opportunities.
Interested? Please send the following information to Leigh Mcalister, Project Management – Support Officer, via [email protected]:
- An up-to-date copy of your CV,
- A cover letter explaining what you want to get out of a placement and your preferred business unit placement, and
- Dates of availability.
If successful, graduates will need a Construction White Card, current drivers licence, and safety boots.
Potential candidates will be contacted for an informal interview.