- Consumer confidence decreased by 1.8pts last week to 85.9. Among the mainland states, confidence declined in NSW, Victoria, Queensland and WA and increased in SA.
- ‘Weekly inflation expectations’ increased 0.3ppt to 5.7%. Its moving average for the last four releases fell 0.1ppt to 5.5%.
- Four of the five confidence subindices registered losses. ‘Current financial conditions’ fell 2.5pts its first loss since early December. ‘Future financial conditions’ dropped 2.3pts but remains above the neutral level of 100.
- ‘Current economic conditions’ bucked the trend and rose 1.8pts, while ‘future economic conditions’ was down 1.9pts.
- ‘Time to buy a major household item’ decreased by 4.1pts.
/Public Release. This material from the originating organization/author(s) may be of a point-in-time nature, edited for clarity, style and length. The views and opinions expressed are those of the author(s).View in full here.