The Chief Health Officer has revoked the testing direction, put in place for people travelling to the NT from the following four New South Wales Local Government Areas:
- Byron Shire Council
- Ballina Shire Council
- Tweed Shire Council; and
- City of Lismore
This is in effect from 3pm, today, 3 April 2021.
Unless displaying COVID-19 symptoms, people who have been waiting on test results, do not need to remain in isolation any longer. If you have an appointment booked that you no longer need, please call the COVID-19 hotline to cancel it.
The risk of COVID-19 in our communities cannot be eliminated which is why it is important for everyone to follow all health directions.
- If you have COVID-19 symptoms, do not travel. Make sure you get tested and stay at home.
- Maintain a physical distance of 1.5 metres at all times.
- Wash your hands with soap and water and use hand sanitiser regularly.
- Do not go to work if you feel sick.
- If you have symptoms, stay away from others and get tested for COVID-19.
Quotes attributable to Chief Health Officer, Dr Hugh Heggie:
“Today we were able to revoke the test and isolate direction based on the intelligence provided to the Northern Territory.
“Personal behaviour remains our best defence against COVID-19 and I would like to thank Territorians for their vigilance in getting tested.”