- DASA has launched an Innovation Focus Area called Beyond Line of Sight Communications
- Funding provided by the Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (Dstl)
- Funding available for Generation-After-Next (GAN) proposals, which explore and develop new / novel beyond line of sight (BLOS) communications technologies
The Defence and Security Accelerator (DASA) is pleased to launch an Innovation Focus Area (IFA) called Beyond Line of Sight Communications. This IFA seeks innovations that will help contribute to the development of Generation-After-Next beyond line of sight communication options.
This IFA is run on behalf of the Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (Dstl).
Do you have an innovation which could help develop Generation-After-Next beyond line of sight communication options?
The need for novel and efficient beyond line of sight communications
Defence relies heavily on the mature BLOS communication technologies, such as military High Frequency (HF), troposcatter or satellite communications. However, to maintain robust communications in highly disruptive, congested and contested environments, it is vital that military communications change conventional assumptions about BLOS capability.
It is crucial to build a pipeline of future BLOS technologies and have a diverse repertoire of communication approaches to overcome any potential threat and ensure that if one form of communications is denied, there are alternatives available.
This IFA is seeks GAN proposals that explore and develop new / novel BLOS communication options, and alternatives to traditional methods of military that may provide advantage in highly disruptive threat environments. For example:
- BLOS system development
- approaches to understand the “Channel”
- signal processing for new approaches to BLOS communications
- solution hardware development
Submit a proposal
Do you have a solution or novel approach that may help Dstl understand what lies ahead for GAN BLOS technologies?