Snowy Monaro Regional Council have announced an extended deadline of 16 April 2021 for the region’s Community Bush Fire Recovery Grants program.
The program aims to provide essential funding of $1000 – $5000 for community-led and community-focused initiatives that help the Snowy Monaro region continue to recover from the impacts of the Black Summer fires.
“Throughout these last 18 months of fire and pandemic, our communities have demonstrated their unparalleled commitment to helping each other and our region back to its feet,” said Mayor Peter Beer, Snowy Monaro Regional Council
“This grant money will support vital community-led initiatives that help our region and our people continue to recover and I encourage everyone with a good idea to get involved.”
Grant money will be awarded for initiatives that:
• Bring communities together in a supportive environment through activities that are relevant to their interests
• Deliver grassroots, community-led health and wellbeing activities that build community resilience
• Facilitate programs that enhance the communities’ disaster preparedness skills
• Are locally led activities that support communities in recovery
• Support community-led bushfire commemoration initiatives
• Enhance leadership skills in school-aged students
• Deliver locally-led business recovery initiatives that improve capacity and capability to respond to future disasters including mitigation practices for risks and threats plus initiatives which support communities to overcome the social impacts of the bushfires
• Purchase assets that support community groups to have improved capacity and capability to respond to future disasters
For full information and to prepare an application please visit www.yoursaysnowymonaro.com.au/snowy-monaro-community-bush-fire-recovery-grants