A man who is alleged to have been in possession of a traffickable quantity of cannabis and a firearm in an Alice Springs home has been arrested and charged.
Detectives from the Southern Drugs Investigation Unit conducted a search on an East Side home where it is alleged a 33-year-old man was found in possession of 230 grams of cannabis, a pistol with a silencer, ammunition and a significant quantity of cash.
The man has been charged with one count each of;
- Supply scheduled 2 less than commercial quantity
- Possess schedule 2 traffickable quantity
- Receive/possess property commission of offence
- Possess firearm whilst unlicensed Possess ammunition without permit/license
- Possess silencer
- Fail to meet storage requirements.
The man has been remanded in custody to appear before the Alice Springs Local Court on Monday 7 September, 2020.