A man has been charged with firearms, drugs and weapons offences in the Lake Macquarie region.
About 10am yesterday (Thursday 23 May 2019), officers from Lake Macquarie Police District and Strike Force Utah conducted a Firearms and Weapons Prohibition Order (FPO and WPO) search at a home on Fourth Street, Boolaroo.
During the search, officers allegedly uncovered a hydroponic setup, more than 34 cannabis plants and close to two kilograms of cannabis leaf.
Police then executed a search warrant on the home, seizing three prohibited firearms, and several prohibited weapons including a taser, knuckle duster, ammunition and blow darts.
A 36-year-old man was arrested at the home and taken to Belmont Police Station.
He was charged with 11 offences, including:
– Possess or use a prohibited weapon without permit x 4
– Possess unauthorised firearm x 3
– Possess ammunition without holding licence/permit/authority
– Possess prohibited drug
– Enhanced indoor cultivate cannabis for commercial purpose
– Possess/attempt to, prescribed restricted substance
He was refused bail to appear at Toronto Local Court today (Friday 24 May 2019).
Please direct media inquiries to Samantha Long, NSW Police Northern Region Media Liaison Officer on [email protected]