Mandurah Detectives have arrested a man as a result of their investigation into burglaries that occurred between January and February 2019, in the suburbs of Maddington, Waikiki, Duncraig and Casuarina.
It will be alleged sometime between 11 January and 12 January 2019, a Hyundai i30 hatchback was stolen from a home in Waikiki and during 12 January and 10 February 2019, the stolen vehicle displaying false plates was used in numerous cross-district fuel drive-offs.
It is further alleged the vehicle was used in a fuel drive-off around 1.50am on 11 January 2019. The vehicle was sighted in Meadow Springs around 10.15am and police attempted to stop the vehicle. It is alleged the driver failed to stop and evaded police. Officers ceased following the vehicle in Greenfields due to the driver’s manner of driving.
About 10.50am the vehicle was sighted again by police in Meadow Springs and they were able to stop the vehicle without incident in San Remo.
A 30-year-old man of no fixed address has been charged with:-
• 4 x No Authority to Drive;
• 2 x Reckless Driving in Confiscation Zone to Escape Pursuit by Police;
• 2 x Driver of a Vehicle Failed to Comply with a Direction to Stop (circumstance of aggravation);
• 2 x Stealing (Fuel drive-off);
• 1 x Steal Motor Vehicle;
• 1 x Possession of Stolen or Unlawfully Obtained Property;
• 1 x Possess Firearm with Circumstances of Aggravation;
• 1 x Unlicensed Person Possess Firearm/Ammunition;
• 1 x Possessed a Controlled Weapon; and
• 1 x Drove, Caused or Permitted a Vehicle with Forged, Replica or False Plate to be Driven on a Road.
He is due to appear before the Perth Magistrates Court today, 12 February 2019.