The Australian Road Safety Awards, designed to acknowledge the achievements of road safety stakeholders and foster increased road safety activity, were held at Parliament House in Canberra today by the Australian Road Safety Foundation (ARSF).
Assistant Minister for Road Safety and Freight Transport, Scott Buchholz said the awards recognised the achievements and excellence by individuals and organisations committed to improving road safety.
“These awards place a much deserved spotlight on the hard work and commitment of the many people and organisations, who day in and day out work hard to drive down the road death toll and reduce road trauma.
“The Australian Government believes in the work of the ARSF and continues to support the Foundation through funding for the RoadSet program, Rural Road Safety Month and Fatality Free Friday.
“As the Australian Government, we are investing in infrastructure to improve road safety through targeted funding such as the Black Spot and Road Safety Program’s.
“We are also partnering with local governments and community through our Driver Reviver Site Upgrade Program and the Road Safety Awareness and Enablers Fund to fund road safety awareness, education and collaboration initiatives.
“These Awards support the work being done by community, business and Government to reduce the number of deaths and trauma on our roads and drive towards zero,” Mr Buchholz said.
The Australian Road Safety Awards, presented by Suncorp, are an initiative of the ARSF. The awards add to the suite of signature programs within the annual ARSF calendar of events.
“I congratulate all of the winners here today and thank them for their service, commitment and dedication to our country and community, in a united effort to improve road safety outcomes for all Australians,” Mr Buchholz said.
The awards raise awareness about road safety generally and promotes strategies that will assist to address road safety issues across all sectors. They also provide a vehicle to further promote road safety on a national scale and unite these programs under a single banner.
Award Winners are:
- The Community Programs Awards Winner is Queensland Police Service & University of Queensland for Community Engagement with IM-PACT
- The School Programs Awards Winner is YOU CHOOSE Road Safety
- The State Government Initiatives Awards Winner is Queensland Police Service for the Seniors Road trip to Road Safety
- The Technology Award Winner is Driving Well Occupational Therapy for Bringing the Drive Focus app to Australia
- The Local Government Initiatives Award Winner is the City of Rockingham for the City of Rockingham Strategic Road Safety Action Plan
- The Innovation Award Winner is the Queensland Traffic Offenders Program & The Australian Traffic Offenders Program
- The Founders Award Winner is Queensland Police Service & University of Queensland for Community Engagement with IM-PACT