Southern Grampians Shire Council has received a supply of disposable masks for distribution to our most vulnerable community members, thanks to the State Government.
Community members who meet the eligibility will be entitled to receive two disposable masks and can leave their details with Council to be issued a reusable mask, when they become available.
Community members who are eligible are:
• People over the age of 12 years who are actively managing the following conditions:
o Poor immunity
o Heart disease, diabetes and stroke
o Chronic lung disease
o Alcohol and drug dependency frailty
• People living in public housing, in crisis accommodation, or who are homeless
• People living in rooming houses and supported residential services
• People living with a disability
• People with other needs including alcohol and drug issues
• People experiencing mental health concern
• People experiencing family violence
• Young people in residential facilities, and those receiving other health and human services
• Young people with health and/or social issues that make them vulnerable
• Young people living in mandatory facilities
• Aboriginal people
• Refugee and asylum seekers
People who meet these eligibility criteria and who have been unable to source a facemask for themselves, are welcome to come into Council’s Brown Street Customer Service Centre to obtain a disposable facemask allocation or phone 5573 0444 to discuss your needs with our Customer Service Team.
Council will also be distributing these masks to all eligible community members through its Home and Community Care Program so those clients who currently receive these services do not need to come into collect a mask.
Information about how to correctly wear and dispose of masks will also be available to customers.