Former financial adviser, Mr Ezzat-Daniel Nesseim, of Gordon NSW, has been charged with sixteen offences, including dishonest conduct, fabricating evidence and providing false information to ASIC.
Mr Nesseim appeared in the Downing Centre Local Court in Sydney on 2 March, 2021 to face the charges.
Mr Nesseim previously ran financial services business Smart Financial Strategies and is currently the General Manager of Accord Partners, a business operated by Foresight Enterprises Pty Ltd, of which Mr Nesseim is the sole director.
ASIC alleges Mr Nesseim:
- provided three wholesale client certificates to ASIC which were backdated in the hope they would be accepted by ASIC as genuine and cause ASIC to cease or modify its inquiries;
- in response to questions raised regarding these certificates, gave false answers and information to ASIC under oath; and
- affirmed that a written statement provided to ASIC was true, when it contained statements Mr Nesseim knew to be false.
ASIC also alleges, during a hearing before an ASIC Delegate to ban Mr Nesseim from providing financial advice, Mr Nesseim:
- made use of evidence which he had fabricated, including doctored emails attached to his written statement, and purported witness statements from individuals; and
- gave false answers and information under oath.
The case returns to Court on 20 April 2021 for mention.
The matter is being prosecuted by the Commonwealth Director of Public Prosecutions.
Mr Nesseim was permanently banned from providing financial services on 12 March 2018 (18-142MR).
In addition, Mr Nesseim was also permanently banned from engaging in credit activities from 19 July 2019 as he was found not to be a fit and proper person to engage in credit activities.