As a result of the new three-day COVID-19 lockdown announced by the Premier this afternoon, the City of Fremantle has cancelled Anzac Day commemorations planned for this weekend.
The Premier announced this afternoon that the Perth and Peel regions would go into a three-day lockdown from midnight tonight, with masks required to be worn from 6pm this evening.
The Dawn Service at Monument Hill, Gunfire Breakfast at the Esplanade, North Fremantle community service and Fremantle’s Anzac Day parade have all been cancelled.
Instead, the City is encouraging residents to participate in Driveways at Dawn as they did last year.
The live stream of Fremantle’s Dawn Service has also been cancelled.
City of Fremantle facilities that will be closed to the public for the duration of the lockdown include:
- City of Fremantle administration centre and depot
- Fremantle Arts Centre and Moores Building
- Fremantle Visitors Centre
- Fremantle Leisure Centre and Samson Recreation Centre
- The Meeting Place
- Walyalup Aboriginal Cultural Centre
- Fremantle Legal Centre
- Fremantle Library and Toy Library
- Recycling Centre and Containers for Change
- Playgrounds, skate parks and outdoor recreation facilities
Essential services, including community safety, waste services and CCTV monitoring will continue to operate during the lockdown period.
For the latest advice on the COVID-19 lockdown visit the COVID-19 page on the WA Government website.