Greater Shepparton City Council is pleased to be running a Round Three of the Our Sporting Future Funding Program for 2022/2023.
The funding program opens today, Friday 31 March, with grants available for clubs to assist with the implementation of small to medium sized facility development projects and sporting programs. In previous years, this grant has helped local clubs fund sport surface development, OHS and public safety improvements, lighting upgrades, pavilion upgrades, and club development including access and participation programs.
Funding is available under five categories, with each offering a different monetary value:
- Minor – Projects on a $1 to $1 basis up to $15,000.
- Major – Projects on a $1 for $1 basis up to $30,000.
- Sports Aid – Funding between $500 and $5,000 for projects that provide support to new and developing sporting organisations, special access and participation in projects, and planning initiatives that address future sport and recreation needs.
- Women and Girls – Funding towards programs that increase opportunities for women and girls through development programs or training between $500 and $10,000.
- Junior and Youth Participation – Funding of between $500 and $5,000 to go towards initiatives that increase participation in sport for young people aged between eight and 18 years.
Applications are currently open and close on Friday 28 April 2023. Mayor, Councillor Shane Sali, encouraged local sporting clubs to consider putting in an application to share in the funding.
“Council is pleased to be able to continue offering these grants to the community and we want local sporting clubs to take up the opportunity,” he said.
“Funding is available under five categories with each offering different programs, upgrades or developments to benefit our local sporting clubs. Grassroots sporting clubs play such an important role in Greater Shepparton and Council will continue to support them in whatever way we can.”