Campaspe Shire Council has approved $48,385 in grants to help local not-for-profit groups and businesses to deliver projects and events that will create opportunities for community participation and economic stimulation.
Community Grants Round 1 (2021-22)
An amount of $25,095 has been allocated across a diverse range of pursuits and interest areas for initiatives that contribute to making Campaspe an even more vibrant and stimulating place to be.
The following grants were approved:
- $4,000 to Colbinabbin Town Recreation Reserve Committee of Management Inc. for development of a masterplan for the recreation reserve, memorial hall and town
- $1,000 to Rochester Pioneer & Historical Society Inc to purchase a laptop
- $3,900 to Echuca Moama Broadcast Service Inc to purchase four CD players
- $4,000 to Echuca Moama Theatre Company Inc for a shed replacement
- $2,000 to Rich River Quilters & Friends Inc to purchase a defibrillator
- $4,000 to Kyabram District Men’s Shed Inc to upgrade a dust extraction unit
- $3,700 to Kyabram Town Hall Inc to erect a mural to commemorate the 120th anniversary of the Kyabram Reform Movement
- $2,495 to Echuca Federal Band Inc to run a workshop and public performances.
Business Assistance Grants – Round 2 (2020/21)
An amount of $13,290 has been allocated to provide financial support to local businesses to diversify and expand their service and product offering for the benefit of the local economy.
The following grants were approved:
- $3,000 to Neon Horse Pty Ltd (Stanhope) for the purchase of an additional fridge, outdoor heating, tables, to be built by Stanhope Men’s Shed, and to provide live music
- $3,000 to Colbinabbin General Store Co-op Ltd for the purchase of equipment, salad bar, chairs and tables for dine-in customers, and display shelving for the promotion of local produce
- $2,290 to Kanyapella Goat (Koyuga) for the purchase of equipment to enable the transport of gelato and goat, meat and dairy products
- $5,000 to Ironbark Apiaries for the purchase of equipment to assist with processing and bottling of honey.
An amount of $1,000 has been approved for Wyuna Community Memorial Hall Inc towards the hosting of a celebration event held in May, commemorating the ‘101-year’ anniversary of Wyuna Memorial Hall. The centenary celebration was unable to be conducted last year due to COVID-19 restrictions at the time.
Through the Responsive Grants Program, Council provides the opportunity for community groups to apply for grants of up to $1,000 to help fund initiatives that are time sensitive and support their goals.
Community Event Sponsorship
A grant of $1,000 has been approved for Girgarre Community Group Inc towards running the Girgarre Open Garden Festival in October. This annual event enables members of the public to view the beautiful gardens of local properties. Five homes will showcase their gardens at this year’s festival. People can enjoy a vibrant community atmosphere with artists, musicians and a high tea at Bonshaw Estate.
Creative Active Recovery Grants
An amount of $7,500 has been allocated to two creative projects that aim to engage the community by activating public spaces, as part Council’s COVID-19 recovery initiatives.
Girgarre Development Group Inc received $2,500 towards enhancement of the Sound Walk in Girgarre. This project includes the composition of two scores of music, creating an instrument from recycled objects and a performance for the community, to be held in June.
Stilt Walkers received $5,000 to carry out four roving stilt sets through the historic area of Echuca and conduct six circus workshops in the Cargo Shed, to be in June, and now delayed to later in the year.
An amount of $500 was approved for Campaspe East Timor Association in Friendship to assist with flood relief in Timor Leste. Recent floods in the country have left hundreds of people homeless and without access to electricity and water, washed away roads and inundated food growing areas.