NSW State Emergency Service (NSW SES) is urging residents across the State to prepare for significant rainfall in the coming days.
A Severe Weather Warning has been issued by the Bureau of Metrology for heavy rainfall for people in Metropolitan, Illawarra, South Coast and parts of Hunter, Central Tablelands and Southern Tablelands Forecast Districts.
Minor to Moderate flooding possible for NSW central and Southern coastal rivers, including Greater Sydney from Thursday and into Friday.
NSW SES is warning communities in the impacted areas to prepare for heavy rainfall, resulting in flash flooding. Flash flooding can occur suddenly and with little notice and communities need to ensure they never drive, ride or work in flood waters.
NSW SES volunteers are currently preparing to respond to any community needs and we’re asking the community to do the same, start preparing now:
- Ensure gutters, downpipes and drains are clear.
- Remove tree branches that are close to your house.
- Tie down any loose items around your house.
- Limit any non-essential travel.
- Don’t walk, ride your bicycle or drive through flood water, and keep clear of creeks and storm drains.
- Stop children playing in flood water
- Please check on neighbours and the elderly who may need assistance.
Residents looking to access sandbags need to REGISTER PRIOR TO PICK UP BY PHONING 132 500.
UPDATED ON WEDNESDAY, 6 APRIL 2022 AT 11:30AM
Bellambi Foreshore Carpark
Rex Jackson Oval Carpark
Fred Finch Park Carpark (Berkeley)
Fairy Meadow Beach Carpark
Albion Park Showground
Myimbar Fields – Wattle Street Shellharbour (opp The Shellharbour Club)
Windang Bowls (end of Judbooley Pde, Windang)
Dapto Showground, Mulda St
Londonderry Neighbourhood Centre – 360 Carrington Rd, Londonderry NSW 2753. FILL YOUR OWN.
North Narrabeen surf club
125 Railway Parade, Erskineville