▪ The Science Cowboy, the chemistry of colour, cat behaviour, insect eyesight, Antarctic secrets, a VR tour of old Hobart and more at the Festival of Bright Ideas.
▪ The Tassie devil’s advocate, a sneezing scientist and a seaweed lover: Young Tassie Scientists tour the state.
▪ Dinosaurs, science shows, Moon-landing memories and a night at the museum, in Launceston.
▪ Will the Y chromosome become extinct, and can we bring the Tassie tiger back from extinction? Hear from science academy experts.
▪ Invasive species cocktails, engineering coral reefs, and exploring the tech of retro videogames at a pop-up science bar.
▪ Three elements, three choreographers, three composers and 18 performers: it’s chemistry in dance.
▪ Comedy meets science: laugh about why you make poor choices.
▪ Learn about Tasmania’s Midlands from thousands of years of Aboriginal science.
▪ Take the Aha! Challenge and test your brain’s creative insight.
More on these highlights below, and others at www.scienceinpublic.com.au/science-week, and on Twitter at