The Kamilaroi Highway has reopened in both directions between Narrabri and Wee Waa after being closed due to flooding.
The Kamilaroi Highway remains closed between Wee Waa and Merah North and is also closed between Walgett and Burren Junction, and between Walgett and Bourke.
Motorists are advised to avoid non-essential travel in flood-affected areas with many other road closures still in place, including:
In the State’s North:
- The Castlereagh Highway is closed between Walgett and Coonamble.
- The Gwydir Highway is closed between Moree and Collarenebri.
- The Carnarvon Highway is closed between Garah and Mungindi.
- The Oxley Highway is closed between Warren and Collie (west of Gilgandra).
In the Hunter:
The New England Highway is closed in both directions at Muswellbrook.
In the Central West and South:
- The Newell Highway is closed between Forbes and Wyalong.
- The Newell Highway is closed between Gillenbah and Jerilderie.
- Goldfields Way is closed between Wyalong and Barmedman
- Lachlan Valley Way is closed between Forbes and Cowra, between Legh Street and Morongla Road in Cowra, as well as between Forbes and Jemalong.
- Henry Lawson Way is closed between Forbes and Grenfell.
- The Escort Way is closed between Forbes and Eugowra.
- The Mid Western Highway is closed between West Wyalong and Goolgowi.
- Canowindra Road is closed in both directions at Canowindra.
- The Sturt Highway is closed between Darlington Point and Collingullie.
- West of Albury, the Riverina Highway is closed at Bungowannah and at Coreen.
- Kidman Way is closed at Wallanthery.
In the North West/Far West:
- The Silver City Highway is closed between Broken Hill and Packsaddle.
- The Cobb Highway is closed between Booligal and Wilcannia.
In addition to state managed roads, some local roads managed by councils are also affected.
Anyone who needs to travel is advised to take extreme care, never drive through floodwaters and be prepared for conditions to change quickly.
In addition to state managed roads, some local roads managed by councils may also be affected.
For the latest traffic information, visit www.livetraffic.com or download the Live Traffic NSW app.