Motorists and public transport passengers are still advised to avoid non-essential travel in flood-affected areas of the state.
Many roads remain closed, and public transport services are still affected by flooding.
Motorists who need to travel are reminded never to drive through floodwaters, and be prepared for conditions to change quickly.
In the Hunter
- Whittingham to Muswellbrook – the New England Highway is closed between the Golden Highway and Thomas Mitchell Drive.
- Motorists who need to travel between Whittingham and Muswellbrook can use the Golden Highway and Denman Road instead. There is a reduced speed limit between the New England Highway and Range Road.
- Local residents in light vehicles are able to travel to Singleton from Muswellbrook only. The New England Highway is closed to all vehicles between White Avenue and Pitt Street at Singleton.
- Whittingham – Range Road is closed between New England Highway and Golden Highway.
- Branxton to Mitchells Flat – Elderslie Road is closed between the New England Highway and Gresford Road.
- Maitland – the New England Highway is closed between the roundabout at High Street and Melbourne Street.
- Maitland to Cliftleigh – Main Road/Cessnock Road is closed between the New England Highway and Avery Lane.
- East Maitland – Raymond Terrace Road is closed between Metford Road and Harvest Boulevard.
- Bulga to Colo Heights – Putty Road is closed between Wambo Road and Colo Heights Road.
- Milbrodale to Broke – Milbrodale Road is closed
- Tomago – Tomago Road is closed between Graham Drive and Masonite Road.
- Central Coast & Newcastle Line – no trains are running between Cardiff and Wyong.
- Hunter Line – no trains are running between Newcastle Interchange, Scone and Dungog.
- Many bus services are cancelled or diverting and missing stops.
On the Central Coast
- Charmhaven – the Pacific Highway is closed at Wallarah Creek Bridge.
- Budgewoi – Budgewoi Road is closed between Main Road and Ourringo Street.
On the Mid North Coast
- Tuncurry – The Lakes Way is closed both directions between Failford Road and Manns Road.
- Failford – Failford Road is closed in both directions between The Lakes Way and Bullocky Way.
- Heathcote to Lucas Heights – all westbound lanes of Heathcote Road are closed between the Princes Highway and New Illawarra Road. Eastbound lanes of Heathcote Road are open.
- Windsor – Windsor Bridge is closed between Wilberforce Road and George Street. Sections of Wilberforce and Pitt Town roads are also closed.
- North Richmond – Richmond Bridge is closed in both directions.
- Yarramundi – Yarramundi Bridge is closed in both directions.
- In the Royal National Park – Audley Weir is closed in both directions.
- T1 Western Line – limited buses are replacing trains between Schofields and Richmond.
- Blue Mountains Line – limited buses are replacing trains between Katoomba and Mount Victoria.
- F3 Parramatta River ferries – alternative transport is running between Parramatta and Rydalmere.
- Many bus services are cancelled and diverting and missing stops..
In the Illawarra, South Coast and Southern Highlands:
- Jamberoo – Jamberoo Mountain Road is closed in both directions near The Abbey.
In addition to state managed roads, some local roads managed by councils may also be affected.
For the latest traffic information, download the Live Traffic NSW app, visit www.livetraffic.com or call 132 701.
/Public Release. This material from the originating organization/author(s) might be of the point-in-time nature, and edited for clarity, style and length. Mirage.News does not take institutional positions or sides, and all views, positions, and conclusions expressed herein are solely those of the author(s).View in full here.