Only one lane of the Pacific Highway is open in each direction on the northern side of Hexham Bridge due to water on the road.
Motorists are advised to avoid the area. There are extensive delays on all approaches to the bridge.
Southbound traffic on the highway is heavy from Raymond Terrace, while traffic heading towards the bridge is queued back along the New England Highway through Tarro and down the M1 Pacific Motorway to Black Hill.
Motorists heading out of Newcastle can consider using Stockton Bridge instead.
Many roads remain closed in flood-affected areas, and motorists and public transport passengers are still advised to avoid non-essential travel.
In the Hunter
- Tomago – Tomago Road is closed between Graham Drive and Masonite Road.
- Raymond Terrace – Seaham Road is closed between Raymond Terrace Road and Newline Road.
- Thornton to Millers Forest – Raymond Terrace Road is closed between Government Road and Woodberry Road.
- East Maitland – Raymond Terrace Road is closed between Metford Road and Harvest Boulevard.
- Maitland – the New England Highway is closed between the roundabout at High Street and Melbourne Street.
- Branxton to Mitchells Flat – Elderslie Road is closed between the New England Highway and Gresford Road.
- Maitland to Cliftleigh – Main Road/Cessnock Road is closed between the New England Highway and Avery Lane.
- Bulga to Colo Heights – Putty Road is closed between Wambo Road and Colo Heights Road.
- Milbrodale to Broke – Milbrodale Road is closed.
- Central Coast & Newcastle Line – no trains are running between Cardiff and Wyong.
- Hunter Line – no trains are running between Newcastle Interchange, Scone and Dungog.
- Many bus services are cancelled or diverting and missing stops.
On the Central Coast
- Charmhaven – the Pacific Highway is closed between Lowana Avenue and Costa Avenue.
- Budgewoi – a contra flow is in place on Budgewoi Road (the Central Coast Highway) near Ourringo Street to allow one lane of traffic in each direction to travel through the area.
- Heathcote to Lucas Heights – all westbound lanes of Heathcote Road are closed between the Princes Highway and New Illawarra Road. Eastbound lanes of Heathcote Road are open.
- Windsor – Windsor Bridge is closed between Wilberforce Road and George Street. Sections of Wilberforce and Pitt Town roads are also closed.
- North Richmond – Richmond Bridge is closed in both directions.
- Yarramundi – Yarramundi Bridge is closed in both directions.
- T1 Western Line – limited buses are replacing trains between Schofields and Richmond.
- Blue Mountains Line – limited buses are replacing trains between Katoomba and Mount Victoria.
- F3 Parramatta River ferries – alternative transport is running between Parramatta and Rydalmere.
- Many bus services are cancelled and diverting and missing stops.
In addition to state managed roads, some local roads managed by councils may also be affected.
For the latest traffic information, download the Live Traffic NSW app, visit www.livetraffic.com or call 132 701.