▪ Young artists, music with birdsong, Indigenous science, neuroscience and creativity workshops, and more take over the State Library.
▪ What’s the potential for life on the Red Planet? Ask astrophysicists and NASA scientists.
▪ Science behind bars: forensics and criminology at Fremantle Prison
▪ The science of this planet, and in the cosmos beyond at the Goodness Science, Sustainability and Innovation Festival, Geraldton.
▪ What do big parks mean for big sharks? Ask a scientist studying marine parks.
▪ Science careers: meet the woman mapping a panoramic stretch of the Universe.
▪ Sustainability in the suburbs: from soil microbes to microbats.
▪ Fiona Wood: from treating burns to spray-on skin.
▪ Ecology, seed science, genetics and plant conservation: meet the science Queens of Kings Park.
▪ 60 interactive stalls, explosive experiments, native animals, science theatre, and roving performers: Perth Science Festival returns.
▪ Take the Aha! Challenge and test your brain’s creative insight.
More on these highlights below, and others at www.scienceinpublic.com.au/science-week, and on Twitter at