Due to the continuing declared disaster situation and unpredictable fire threat some residents within the Noosa local government area will not be able to return to their homes tonight.
Police are urging all residents in Noosa Banks, Noosa North Shore and areas of Cooroibah and Ringtail Creek already evacuated not to return to their properties, as conditions are still too dangerous. These areas are pictured in the map provided.
McKinnon Drive is currently closed from Louis Bazzo Drive in the north to Yellowwood Close in the south, except for residents evacuating those locations.
Police will continue to actively patrol the evacuated areas to mitigate opportunist crime and protect property. Currently, there is no new information of property loss.
Fires by their very nature are unpredictable and the current fire threat remains and is consistently changing to the weather conditions.
Residents of Tewantin outside of the evacuation boundary are now permitted to return to their homes.
As this fire threat is still ongoing, this is a reminder that it is no time for curiosity. If you are not a resident, please stay away from the area and allow members of the community to safely and promptly return to their homes.
Members of the community will continue to see a large police presence whilst residents travel back to their homes.
All evacuation centres will remain open, for those that wish to delay their return.
- Noosa leisure Centre (7 Wallace Drive, Noosaville)
- The J (60 Noosa Drive, Noosa Heads)
- Cooroy Library (9 Maple Street, Cooroy)
- Noosaville Library (7 Wallace Drive, Noosaville)
- Noosa Christian Outreach Church (202 Eumundi Noosa Road, Noosaville)
Police and emergency services would like to thank all members of the Noosa community for their understanding and corporation. We urge everyone to remain vigilant and keep updated with the below messaging systems.
Call Triple Zero (000) immediately if you believe you are under threat.
For regular updates on the bushfires across the state please check the following links:
KEEP UP TO DATE BY:
• Following QFES on Facebook (@QldFireandRescueService) and Twitter (@QldFES)
• Staying tuned to your local radio station. Find your local ABC radio station at https://radio.abc.net.au/help/offline and your local commercial radio station at https://www.commercialradio.com.au/find-a-station/queensland;
• Visiting the Rural Fire Service (RFS) website at www.ruralfire.qld.gov.au/map
• For bushfire preparation tips, visit the RFS website: www.ruralfire.qld.gov.au/BushFire_Safety
• For information about road closures, call 13 19 40 or visit www.qldtraffic.qld.gov.au