In its latest move to help Australians save at the checkout, Coles is supporting the nation’s growing love for pets by launching an affordable science-based, premium pet food range, Elevate, and offering great specials of up to 50% off across the Pet aisle.
Formulated with pet nutritionists, Elevate has been scientifically developed to cater to dietary requirements and health concerns at every age and lifestyle – from digestive support for dogs to hairball and urinary care for cats.
The formula features fresh or raw animal proteins, grains, fruit and veg, and products that are fortified with seven targeted nutrients; prebiotics, fish oil, antioxidants, fibre, taurine amino acids, glucosamine and L-carnitine to support gut health, skin and coat health, strengthen immune system and overall wellness.
The arrival of Elevate comes as Coles slashes the price of over 200 pet products by up to 50% over the next few weeks.
Customers can save on selected Pedigree, Optimum, My Dog, Supercoat, and Woofin’ Good dog food, as well as up to 30% off selected Fussy Cat, Dine Daily and Fancy Feast cat food. Specials will also include 30% off the entire Elevate pet food range as an introductory offer for customers.
As a nation of pet lovers, research shows there are more than two-thirds of Australian households owning a pet and there are almost 20% more pets than people in Australia today1.
According to Coles data, the love for fur babies is growing substantially each year as customers are spending 50 per cent more on their pets today compared to just three years ago. Coles data also shows that 82% of pet owners are now regularly purchasing pet food from Coles, demonstrating increased demand to pick up pet supplies conveniently at the supermarket2.
Coles General Manager for Non-Food Jonathan Torr said Coles identified a gap in the market for a premium pet food offering at the supermarket and worked closely with pet nutritionists to develop a range that was rich in flavour, nutrition and health benefits but at an affordable price for customers.
“There’s no doubt that Australians are tending to their pets more than ever after a year which saw a surge in pet owners and increased demand for pet supplies from Coles,” Jonathan said.
“Research showed pet owners are spending $3.6 billion on dog and cat food per year – so it’s clear we deeply care about what we’re feeding our furry friends3. In fact, the top two things our customers are looking for when purchasing pet food at Coles is health followed by budget.
“That’s how Elevate came into fruition. We worked closely with pet nutritionists to develop a range that featured vital nutrients and health benefits typically found in top brands without compromising on price. With Elevate, customers can actually save up to 40-45% per kilo compared to comparable products found at specialty stores.”
Pet nutritionist, Treasurer of the Pet Food Industry Association of Australia and a member of the Australian Pet Food Standards Working Group, Scott Williams helped to develop the Elevate pet food range and said the range was created to bring a pet specialty recipe to grocery customers.
“Elevate products are strictly different in ingredients and claims from entry-level pet foods and offer more for the animals with targeted nutrition that pet parents can individualise,” Mr Williams said.
“In developing Elevate, I was also able to bring to the range some of the latest learnings in pet food nutrition such as the inclusion of L-carnitine to help support weight loss.
“Food safety was paramount in everything we made for Elevate. We tested all ingredients to understand their nutritional properties and meet the requirements set by the American Association of Feed Control Officials. There are many parameters that are checked every hour of production and more after production to validate the recipe, packaging compliance and the shelf life applied to the products so customers can trust their pets are consuming great quality ingredients with trusted results.”
Elevate products are formulated with different ingredients to provide a range of benefits for dogs and cats. Seven of the common nutrients found in Elevate products are;
- omega fatty acids for skin and coat health
- antioxidants to promote cell health and help strengthen immunity
- fibre for balanced nutrition
- prebiotics to support growth of beneficial stomach microflora
- taurine amino acids for heart and eye health
- glucosamine for joints health
- L-carnitine for weight management
Elevate pet food is exclusive to Coles supermarkets nationwide4 and includes 19 products across wet and dry food. The range has no artificial flavours, colours or preservatives.
ELEVATE DOG FOOD RANGE
- Elevate adult dog chicken chunks with peas & sweet potato in gravy 100g, RRP $2
- Elevate digestive support dog chicken chunks with peas & pumpkin in gravy 100g, RRP $2
- Elevate healthy weight dog chicken chunks with peas & sweet potato in gravy 100g, RRP $2
- Elevate adult dog chicken chunks with peas & sweet potato in gravy 12x100g, RRP $21
- Elevate dry dog food healthy weight chicken 3kg, RRP $26
- Elevate dry dog food small breed lamb & rice with sweet potato 3kg, RRP $26
- Elevate dry dog food puppy chicken & rice with sweet potato 3kg, RRP $26
- Elevate dry dog food senior chicken & rice with sweet potato 3kg, RRP $26
- Elevate dry dog food digestive support chicken 3kg, RRP $26
- Elevate dry dog food large breed chicken 8kg, RRP $45
ELEVATE CAT FOOD RANGE
- Elevate adult cat chicken chunks with carrot & pumpkin in gravy 85g, RRP $2
- Elevate hairball & urinary support cat chicken chunks with carrots & pumpkin in gravy 85g, RRP $2
- Elevate healthy weight cat chicken chunks with carrot & pumpkin in gravy 85g, RRP $2
- Elevate adult cat chicken chunks with carrot & pumpkin in gravy 12x85g, RRP $21
- Elevate dry cat food hairball chicken 800g, RRP $14
- Elevate dry cat food healthy weight chicken 800g, $14
- Elevate dry cat food kitten chicken & rice with sweet potato 800g, RRP $14
- Elevate dry adult cat food seafood & rice with sweet potato 800g, RRP $14
- Elevate dry mature chicken cat food 800g, RRP $14