Bushfire management is an important part of the natural environment. Environmental assessments have been undertaken and we have implemented control measures and conditions to ensure native flora and fauna are not adversely affected from this activity.
Live close to the burn area?
People in the area may see smoke and ash throughout the burn and are encouraged to take necessary precautions to protect yourself and your property by:
- Preventing smoke entering buildings by closing doors and windows
- Covering outdoor furniture and retracting pool covers to prevent ember damage
- Removing washing from clothes line
- Making sure pets have a sheltered area and plenty of water
- If you have asthma or a lung condition, reduce outdoor activities. If smoke levels are high and if shortness of breath or coughing develops, take you reliever medicine or seek medical advice
- Motorists should slow down, keep windows up and turn headlights on.
For your safety, we strongly advise you not to enter recently burnt bushlands, including adjacent walking trails, these burnt areas will be inaccessible until Thursday 29 April 2021.