The drinking water service will be temporarily unavailable to some residents in Cumbalum, Ballina Heights from 9am to 2pm Wednesday 14 April 2021.
Impacted residences include:
- Lawrence Rise
- parts of Foley Avenue
- parts of Highfield Terrace, and
- parts of Eclipse Court in Ballina Heights.
During this time no drinking water will be available via internal or external water outlets. Recycled water will not be impacted and will remain online.
Council makes every effort to minimise water disruptions to our community. However, this temporary disruption is required to allow our Water and Wastewater team to complete essential water main works.
We appreciate your patience during these essential works.
Tips to prepare for a temporary water outage:
- Store drinking water in preparation for the interruption.
- When water returns, it may be discoloured. This is due to sediment. Please run the tap until water runs clear.
- Small air bubbles cause milky water; this is not harmful and will settle after a short period.
- Please leave taps off during the interruption, as water may return at any time.
If you have any enquiries in regard to this matter please contact council’s Water and Wastewater Section on 1300 864 444.