Police arrest man for crime series, South Australia

A man has been arrested following two robberies at bottle shops in the southern suburbs last night.

Just after 7.30pm, Wednesday 4 May, a man entered a bottle shop on Anzac Highway, Plympton and threatened staff with a knife before fleeing on foot with an amount of cash. He was last seen heading south down Charles Street.

A short time later (around 7.50pm), the same man entered at bottle shop on Cross Road, Edwardstown and threatened staff with a knife before fleeing with an amount of cash.

Police were quickly in the area and spotted a Grey Holden Cruze driving on Cross Road at Urrbrae which they suspected of being involved in previous robbery offences.

The vehicle was followed through to the city and onto Northcote Terrace, Medindie, where patrols attempted to stop the driver. He refused and police pursued the car onto Wakerville Terrace where they lost sight of it. The car was then spotted on a short time later on Payneham Road.

Police attempted to block the car in at the intersection of Payneham Road and OG Road.

The driver tried to force past police and drove into a marked police vehicle before reversing into a private car which was stationary at the traffic lights. No one was injured.

Police quickly swooped on the car and arrested the driver breaking the car window to do so.

A 28-year-old man from no fixed address has been charged with two counts of aggravated robbery and theft. He has also been charged with third count of aggravated robbery and a count of theft after he entered a liquor store on Commercial Road, Port Augusta around 7.50pm, Saturday 30 April. Police will allege he threatened staff with a knife before fleeing with an amount of cash and alcohol. The same suspect then allegedly stole petrol from a service station on Victoria Parade a short time later and was captured on CCTV driving off in a grey Holden Cruze bearing false SA registration plates XAS257.

He was further charged with a fourth count of aggravated robbery after he allegedly threatened staff at a bottle shop on Memford Way, Flagstaff Hill around 7.30pm, Tuesday 3 May. Police will allege the same man fled with an amount of cash and alcohol.

He has been refused police bail and will appear in the Adelaide Magistrates Court today Thursday 5 May.

Thankfully no one was injured during any of the robberies.

/Public Release. This material from the originating organization/author(s) may be of a point-in-time nature, edited for clarity, style and length. The views and opinions expressed are those of the author(s).View in full here.