A man has been charged and will appear in court today after he crashed his car into two Australian Federal Police cars in Melbourne’s CBD Sunday night.
Melbourne Highway Patrol served the 28-year-old man with 13 charges including:
• possess drug of dependence without prescription (x3)
• handle/receive/retention of stolen goods
• deal property suspected proceeds of crime
• possess prohibited weapon without exemption – Taser and knuckle duster (x2)
• careless driving
• drive whilst disqualified
• use unregistered motor vehicle
• fail to wear seatbelt
• drug driving
• fraudulently use registration label
The charges follow a crash on La Trobe Street where it’s alleged the man lost control of his vehicle and struck the two unoccupied parked vehicles on 3 July about 10pm.
A subsequent search of the crashed car uncovered the alleged weapons and a quantity of cash.
The Taylors Lakes man has been held over to appear before Melbourne Magistrates’ Court today.