A man will appear in court today charged over the alleged historical sexual assault of two girls in the state’s north.
In April this year, detectives from Richmond Police District established Strike Force Condamine to investigate allegations of historical child sexual abuse by a man in the Ballina area between 2001 and 2002.
Following extensive investigations, detectives arrested a 77-year-old man at a home in Kingswood just before 11.30am today (Tuesday 21 December 2021).
The man was taken to St Marys Police Station and charged with seven offences;
- Assault with intent to have sexual intercourse – child aged between 10 and 14 years,
- sexual intercourse with person between 10 and 16 years,
- sexual intercourse with person under the age of 10 years,
- assault with intent to have sexual intercourse – person under 10,
- aggravated indecent assault – victim under 16 years (x2), and
- commit act of indecency with person under 16 years.
Police will allege in court that the man sexually assaulted two girls – then aged eight and 11 – who were known to him, on multiple occasions over a two-year period.
The man was refused bail to appear at Penrith Local Court today (Tuesday 21 December 2021).