Child Abuse Squad detectives with officers from the Joint Anti Child Exploitation Team (JACET) have charged a 35-year-old man as part of an ongoing investigation.
The man was initially charged on 29 December 2020 in relation to offences against two boys aged between 7 and 8 at the time of the alleged offences that occurred between 2019 and 2020. The man was charged with:
• 11 counts of Indecently Record a Child under 13 years; and
• Five counts of Indecent Dealing of a Child under 13 years.
It is further alleged at the time of the man’s arrest he was in possession of an external storage device. Analysis of the device by Technology Crime Squad identified a number of images and recordings containing child sexual offences.
The investigation continued and on 15 February 2021 the man was further charged with:-
• 11 counts of Indecently Record a Child under 13 years;
• Five counts of Indecent Dealing of a Child under 13 years;
• Three counts of Possess Child Exploitation Material;
• Two counts of Show Offensive Material to a Child under 16 years;
• Two counts of Carnal Knowledge of an Animal;
• One count of Sexual Penetration of a Child under 13 years;
• One count of Possess or Copy an Indecent or Obscene Article; and
• One count of Record Visually a Private Activity to which that Person is a Party.
The man is due to appear in the Bunbury Magistrates Court today, 15 March 2021.
If you are or have been a victim of sexual abuse, or if you have information about someone being abused, please contact police on 131 444.