A man will face court today after being charged 18 firearm and domestic violence-related offences after an incident near Camden earlier this week.
On 13 September 2020, officers from Camden Police Area Command began an investigation into domestic violence offences involving a 24-year-old woman.
Following inquiries, officers went to a house at Hambridge Road, Bargo, about 2pm on Tuesday 14 October 2020.
Police arrested a 23-year-old man and seized firearms which will undergo further examination.
The man was taken to Narellan Police Station where he was charged with 18 offences, including:
- Common assault (DV)
- Stalk intimidate (four counts)
- Possess unauthorised prohibited firearm (two counts)
- Possess unregistered firearm – pistol (two counts)
- Possess unauthorised pistol
- Possess or use a prohibited weapon without permit
- Possess ammunition without holding a licence or permit
- Possess more than three unregistered firearms without licence/permit
- Not keep firearm safely – prohibited firearm (three counts)
- Not keep firearm safely – pistol (two counts)
The man was refused bail to appear in Campbelltown Local Court today (Thursday 12 October 2020).