Manningham Crime Investigation Unit detectives have charged three youths overnight following a series of aggravated burglaries across Melbourne this month.
The three 15-year-old boys were charged with a range of offences including home invasion, theft of motor vehicle, theft from motor vehicle, obtain property by deception and commit indictable offence while on bail.
The charges relate to the below alleged incidents including:
– Handbag stolen from a car at a Heath Street, Templestowe Lower address and bank cards used at various stores on 6 May
– Nissan Juke and Hyundai i30 stolen from a Laurimar Hill Drive address in Doreen during an aggravated burglary in the early hours of 11 May
– Mazda CX5 stolen during aggravated burglary in Vermont South and stolen bank cards subsequently used during deceptions in the evening on 11 May
– Jaguar stolen during aggravated burglary from a Foam Street address in Parkdale overnight 14-15 May
– Tools and marine diving equipment stolen from a Foam Street address in Parkdale overnight 14-15 May
– Sunglasses stolen from car and attempted break-in to a Silvan Grove address in Mornington about 2am on 16 May. The offenders were chased away by the residents
– Netball equipment stolen from car parked outside a Dorothy Crescent, Mornington address overnight 15-16 May
– Honda HRV stolen from another Dorothy Crescent address about 2.10am 16 May
– Land Rover Discovery stolen from a Rendlesham Avenue address in Mount Eliza about 5.30am on 16 May
– Mercedes Benz stolen from Sea Haze Court, Mount Eliza about 2pm on 16 May
– Car broken into on Herbert Street, Mornington about 11.30pm on 16 May
– Perfume, necklace and wallet stolen from car parked outside an address in Maddison Avenue, Mount Eliza about 1am on 17 May
– Ford Mondeo and bag stolen from Herbert Street address in Mornington about 2.30am on 17 May
– 2021 Jaguar, Gucci shoes, handbag and wallet stolen during aggravated burglary from Pine Ridge address in Donvale about 4.55am on 19 May
The trio were all remanded in custody to appear before a children’s court at a later date.
A fourth teen was also arrested and is expected to be charged on summons in relation to theft of motor vehicle.