Two people have been charged as investigations into an unauthorised protest under Strike Force Seasoned continue.
Following extensive inquiries, police arrested a 31-year-old man at a home on Nancarrow Avenue, Ryde, about 6.45pm yesterday (Thursday 5 August 2021).
During a subsequent search of the property police allegedly seized cannabis and nunchakus, before a second occupant of the property, a 25-year-old woman, was arrested after she allegedly became uncooperative.
The man and woman were taken to Ryde Police Station, where the man was charged with:
• Two counts of assault police officer during public disorder no actual bodily harm
• Resist or hinder police officer in the execution of duty
• Commit an act of cruelty upon an animal
• Join or continue in unlawful assembly
• Possess prohibited drug
• Possess or use a prohibited weapon without permit
Police will allege in court the man assaulted police officers as they attempted to arrest others during the protest and pushed a police horse in the face.
He was refused bail to appear at Hornsby Local Court today (Friday 6 August 2021).
The woman was charged with obstruct or hinder person executing warrant and possess prohibited drug and granted conditional bail to appear at the same court next month (Wednesday 1 September 2021).
Investigations under Strike Force Seasoned continue.