Geraldton Police have charged a man as a result of a vehicle stop and search warrant that occurred yesterday, 14 May 2019.
About 2.05pm, police officers conducted a vehicle stop of a Holden Commodore utility on Chapman Road in Geraldton. A search of the vehicle and driver were conducted and based on further inquiries, Geraldton Volume Crime Team officers and Detectives executed a search warrant at a residence located on Sanford Street in Geraldton.
During the search it is alleged police officers located and seized:-
• Approximately 110 grams of Methylamphetamine with a street value in excess of $110,000;
• Two extendable batons;
• A Flick knife;
• A crossbow;
• Over $1700 in cash;
• Small quantities of Cannabis and MDMA; and
• Drug paraphernalia.
A 34-year-old man from Geraldton is due to appear before the Geraldton Magistrates Court today (15 May 2019), charged with:-
• Four counts of Possess a Prohibited Weapon;
• One count of Possess a Prohibited Drug with Intent to Sell/Supply;
• One count of Possession of Stolen or Unlawfully Obtained Property; and
• One count of Having Ready Access to both Weapons and Illegal Drugs.