Two Northern Territory police officers from Darwin Command have been charged with drug offences.
A 43-year-old male has been charged with:
- Supply Schedule 1 dangerous drug less than commercial quantity
- Possess Schedule 1 dangerous drug traffickable quantity
- Unauthorised possession of schedule 4 substance
- Possess firearm whilst unlicensed
- Fail to meet storage requirements
He has been remanded in custody and will appear in court on 21 September 2020.
A 28-year-old female has been charged with:
- Possess Schedule 1 Drug less than traffickable quantity
- Possess Schedule 2 Drug less than traffickable quantity
She has been granted bail and will appear in court on 13 October 2020.
The two officers have been suspended without pay.
This information is provided in accordance with NT Police Transparency Guidelines.
NT Police have advised NT ICAC and the NT Ombudsman of the matter.