Police seek information over sexual assault of teenage girl – Belmore

Police have released CCTV vision of a man who they believe may be able to assist with their inquiries into the alleged sexual assault of a teenage girl earlier this year.

In March 2019, detectives from the State Crime Command’s Child Abuse and Sex Crimes Squad commenced an investigation following reports a 15-year-old girl was sexually assaulted by a man she had met briefly on a previous occasion.

The assaults allegedly occurred in the Belmore and Campsie areas on Tuesday 26 March 2019.

Child Abuse and Sex Crimes Squad Commander, Detective Superintendent John Kerlatec, said despite extensive inquiries, detectives have not been able to identify the man.

“As part of our ongoing inquiries, we have released vision and images of a man we believe may be able to assist us,” Det Supt Kerlatec said.

“The man is depicted as being of Mediterranean/Middle Eastern appearance, aged in his late 20s, with dark hair and a full beard.

“I urge members of the community to look closely at the image and if you recognise the man, please contact police.”

The Child Abuse and Sex Crimes Squad is comprised of detectives who are specially trained to investigate matters against children and adults, including sexual assault, serious physical abuse, and extreme cases of neglect.

Anyone with concerns about suspected child abuse or exploitation should call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or use the Crime Stoppers online reporting page: https://nsw.crimestoppers.com.au.

Information you provide will be treated in the strictest of confidence. People should not report crime information via our Facebook and Twitter pages.

/Public Release. View in full here.