Are you looking for somewhere to get your COVID vaccine? VU Whitten Oval is becoming a pop-up vaccination hub this weekend for those who have not yet had a vaccine or are looking for their second dose. Pfizer vaccine will be offered to people aged 12-59 and AstraZeneca vaccine will be provided to people aged 60 and over.
The home of the Western Bulldogs (417 Barkly Street, West Footscray) will be open on Saturday, 2 October and Sunday, 3 October, from 8am to 6.30pm. This is not a walk-in clinic and bookings are essential at:
- •online at portal.cvms.vic.gov.au, or
- by calling the Coronavirus Hotline on 1800 675 398 (press 0 for in interpreter). Please tell the agent taking your call that you wish to be vaccinated at VU Whitten Oval.
- You can also book through Cirqit Health at https://healthengine.com.au/book/86977
If people have their first dose at the clinic, administration staff on the day can assist with second dose bookings.
This clinic is a partnership with Altona North GP Respiratory Clinic – Commonwealth Vaccination Centre, Cirqit Health, Western Health, Western Bulldogs, Victoria University, Maribyrnong City Council, Hobsons bay City Council and the Victorian Department of Health.
If you can’t make it to Whitten Oval this weekend, you can also get vaccinated at:
- a state-run vaccination centre. For details, visit: coronavirus.vic.gov.au/vaccination-centres, or
- a participating doctor, community health service or pharmacist. For details, visit: covid-vaccine.healthdirect.gov.au
- or by keeping an eye on Council’s social media for the next session at the Altona Badminton Centre